Sunday, August 06, 2006

Every Londoner Has His or Her Own London

I'm about to begin a year living in London, and I want to see the city from many different sides. What I see will help me to write short stories set in London and essays about the city.

In short, I want to see London as Londoners see it, from the perspective of neighborhoods, work places, favorite places to socialize, houses of worship...all the locations that make the city yours.

I'm looking for Londoners who will, in some way, show me their life in the city. What that means is entirely up to the Londoners who meet with me. I'd be delighted to accompany you to work, pray in your mosque, temple, or church, meet at your pub, or take a walk down the street where you live or in the park where you walk your dog. I want to see the city not as a tourist. As much as possible, I want to see the city as you see it.

I'll write about my experiences on this web log.

If you'd like to participate, please contact me at bruce@sff.net.

And thank you!

1 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger MadeInScotland said...

hello

I'll look forward to reading your postings and following progress. Do feel free to ask me more about my London experiences based on stuff from my blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home